DATES & DEADLINES
Admission Applications are welcomed throughout the year. Because of the limited number of cadet spaces available at NSBBMS, we encourage early application to maximize your chances for enrollment in the next fall term.
Please telephone the Admission Counselor at 9860950164, 9922846106 to discuss your child’s educational needs and the school’s program, as well as obtain answers to any questions you may have about NSBBMS.
1. A cadet application, forms for teacher evaluations, and a list of other application information required is available on this page, or may be obtained by calling, e-mailing or faxing the Admissions Office. Parents are responsible for making certain that the forms are completed and returned to the Admissions Office in a timely manner.
2. Mail your completed application to us. Be sure to include the cadet application form, the application fee, school reports, recommendations, and language and psycho-educational evaluations.
Once a candidate’s application file is complete, the NSBBMS Admissions Office reviews it.
3. We ask that an offer of admission be accepted within two weeks of notification, at which time a deposit must be submitted to hold the space.
4. Applying to schools can be a time-consuming process, and we are happy to assist families in answering questions and resolving difficulties that arise during the application process. Please call or e-mail us if you have any questions or concerns.
Are you late? If you have not begun the application process by June 30th, then you are considered a late applicant. Nonetheless, complete and send in your application as soon as possible. Space permitting and if appropriate, there may be a possibility of admission.
Occasionally, a cadet will leave NSBBMS during the school year, and a space will become available. When this occurs, first priority is given to our waiting list, after which new applicants will be considered. If you are interested in a midyear admittance, notify our Admissions Office and ask them to contact you in that event.
While cadet interviews are required for admission and typically take place after the completed application has been reviewed and a cadet has been determined eligible for consideration, parents are welcome to visit NSBBMS with their child at any time in order to learn more about NSBBMS and its programs. Interviews and visits are an excellent opportunity for both parents and prospective cadets to meet some of our faculty, experience cadet life at NSBBMS. Visits may be scheduled at any time throughout the school year or summer. Please call the Admissions Office to set up a parent/cadet interview and campus tour.
Rules to be followed as a cadet of Netaji Subhashchandra Bose Boys’ Military School
- All the cadets must carry their valid Identity Cards for the full time they are inside campus.
- The identity card is for your use only, do not let anyone use your card.
- Mobile Phones are not to be used in the campus.
The cadet may carry a mobile phone to school only on receiving the consent from the principal after a written application.
The school will not be responsible for books, money, clothes, mobiles and other articles that are misplaced. It is not advisable for cadets to have money or valuable articles with them. In emergency, valuables may be left with the school authorities.
- Any damage done to school property or to the other cadets will have to be made good.
- Cleanliness of person and uniform is expected of every child. Those who attend in untidy clothes, hair etc will be subject to detention or community work.
- No child suffering from any contagious or infectious disease will be allowed to attend the School/College.
- A cadets coming late to School may not enter the class unless they take to the teacher a note signed by the Head Teacher.
- Presents/gifts to teachers and demonstrations in their honour are not allowed.
- Visitors are not allowed to meet the teachers in their respective classrooms during teaching hours.
- For breach of the School rules, a cadet may be punished at the discretion of the Principal.
- At the recess bell all the cadets must move towards their classrooms.
- Running, playing or shouting inside the college premises is not allowed and when classes get over at the end of each session the pupils in due order & in silence should move along the corridors to the exit keeping to the left.
- Exposed foodstuff from vendors should not be purchased. Use the school canteen.
- No School business will be transacted on Holidays.
- Cadets who are irregular at homework & class work are liable to be suspended from School until all the work is submitted as required.
- Please follow the rules in the computer and science labs. Do not move equipment at any time. (When you have a problem in the computer and science labs, speak to the lecturers).
- Issue of duplicate I – Cards and Hall tickets would be charged Rs. 100/- respectively.
Note: Late coming, acts of indiscipline, improper and untidy uniform, incomplete homework would be liable for punishment like community work and detention.
The provisions of these rules and consequences apply whenever cadets are involved, such as:
- School activities
- Travel on school buses
- Off-site, school-sponsored activities
- On-site or off-site school-related problems which are the result of disruptive behavior at school
- To and from school
Cumulative offenses will result in progressive consequences.
Accumulated Offenses-Cadets may be expelled or placed on long-term suspension for an accumulation of offenses due to repeated violations of the Code of Behavior even though any offenses may not warrant such serious corrective action.
We at NSBBMS take care to instill the right discipline in every cadet. The pride in wearing the uniform correctly, being well groomed in all aspects of personal hygiene, ensuring that the shoes are clean and polished and the satisfaction of being well turned out is encouraged in this culture.
When a cadet of NSBBMS addresses his teacher or the helpers on campus, he is expected to do so with respect. The entire system in place ascertains that this is a practice on campus.
It is the same vein which helps them to adapt to any work environment or culture later on in life, wherever life places them.
As mentioned in the academics section attendance plays a pivotal role in NSBBMS. A cadet is expected to maintain a 90% attendance for academics and will be penalized if he/she fails to adhere to it.
We firmly believe that the class room teaching has no substitute and a cadet being in class makes him privy to the knowledge and challenges that the teacher has shared in the course of the class conducted. Therefore, the stricture to maintain the high standard in attendance for every cadet in NSBBMS.
Cadets who have an excellent record of attendance are usually those who achieve their full potential. According to National Curriculum Guidelines (2009) the National Average of attendance is 94%.
What it means
100% - 96% attendance
No Academic concern and high Achievers
95% - 92% attendance
Level of non attendance will impact your child’s progress
91% and below
Serious concern and impact on progress
- Cadets are required to pay their fees as per the structure notified to them at the time of enrollment for the respective programme.The installment plan is already notified to you. In case you have any query regarding this please contact the Accountant. All the Post Dated Cheques should be submitted before commencement of classes. Failure to submit fees will result in punitive measures and cadets may not be provided with hall tickets, not be allowed to sit for the exams and as a result would not get Report cards and even Leaving certificates and other documents required from the College. So, care should be taken to avoid such drastic circumstances by being prompt in the fees payment.
- Late fees will be charged to all the cadets if payment of fees is not done by the given deadline date. There will be a late fees deadline date too after which the school does not guarantee any seats to those particular cadets.
· The fees for the entire year need to be paid at the time of Admission in the form of post dated cheques as per the installment plan.
DOCUMENTS TO SCHOOL
While taking admission every cadets has to submit the following documents-
- Previous School Leaving Certificate In Original
- Previous Report Card / Mark-sheet / Transcript Copy
- Passport Copy
- Visa Copy
- Residential Proof
DOCUMENTS FROM SCHOOL
A Admission Certificate is a certificate issued as a proof that an individual has granted admission in the school in particular class for which Academic Year. It is basically used to apply for cadet visa (if a cadet is out of India)
A Bonafide Certificate is a certificate which is issued as a proof that an individual belongs to the particular education institute or a particular organization. In case of a bonafide certificate in a school, it is basically used to certify that whether a cadet is studying in an institute or not. This certificate in school consists of the cadet’s name, the class in which the cadet is studying at present. It also includes the date of birth of the cadet as it specified in the school records etc.
Leaving Certificate is awarded after school cadets successfully complete the curriculum and examinations of schools affiliated to state boards in India.Leaving certificate is content all required information i.e. Name of cadet, date of birth, nationality, date of admission in school, course details etc.
NSBBMS has always been aware of those cadets who are not as blessed as the majority in their learning skills. The special educator and counselor are appointed to help these cadets achieve beyond their potential. Individual arrangements are made for the cadets with learning disability when they appear for a board exam and all possible concessions required are provided as approved by school managements.
The special educator provides remedial teaching according to a time table and the progress of the cadets are marked and maintained.
Remedial Sessions will be offered to cadets on request from Parents on a separate form available.
Parents and Cadets will be notified about the lecture timetables, test schedules and Open House and Pre-Open House, Holidays and the extra-curricular activities and other happenings through the school year Planner
(Personal phone calls would be made in case of emergency, if situation demands only)
We do hope you enjoy your stay here at NSBBMS and truly miss the institute for all that it has helped you to better yourself.